Here at Gogo Lush, we offer handmade jewelry pieces for men, women, and children. Whether it’s for special occasions or casual daily wears, all our jewelry pieces have been specially designed and curated to reflect modern fashion trends. In order to maintain the jewelry’s shine and pristine condition, it’s important to take care of your jewelry by practicing good jewelry care techniques. Here’s how you can do so.
Gold and Stainless Steel
Gold and stainless steel can easily be scratched if they have come in contact with hard surfaces. However, no fret, as there are some ways you can remove the scratches and ensure your jewelry pieces look as new as possible.
- Once you have removed your gold and stainless steel jewelry, immediately polish them with a polishing cloth.
- The jewelry pieces should be placed separately from each other in a jewelry case or box. This prevents the jewelry pieces from getting scratched.
- For gold jewelry pieces, they do not tarnish under water, though handsoaps tend to leave a film on the surface.
- Be careful when applying makeup, perfume, and even hair products. Make sure these products do not directly touch the jewelry pieces as they can affect the finish.
- If possible, purchase a jewelry cleaning solution and rinse them carefully with room temperature water.
Silver is one of the most popular materials used in jewelry, though that does not mean it does not come with its disadvantages. In order to slow down its effects, follow these instructions listed below:
- Silver has strong reactions to chemicals, such as in the ozone and sulfides. Hydrogen sulfide is found in the atmosphere and once it comes into contact with silver, you’ll find that your jewelry pieces will have a black film of silver sulfide. This is how silver jewelry gets tarnished.
- Other ways your jewelry pieces can be tarnished are by acids on the skin and chemicals from beauty products.
- When you’re not wearing your silver jewelry pieces, place them separately in plastic bags to avoid further tarnishing.
- You can also polish them regularly with a polishing cloth.
Gemstones and Natural Stones
Our Natural Stone Jewelry collection is perfect for those looking for colorful jewelry pieces to spice up their outfits. With the right cleaning and care methods, your jewelry pieces can last long in your closet and be an investment.
- When you’re not wearing your jewelry pieces, place them separately to avoid scratching and try to store them in a dry place away from extreme temperatures.
- Since many soaps can tarnish the jewelry and make them dull over time, it’s best to remove them before showering or while you’re washing hands. We also recommend applying makeup and perfume before wearing your jewelry pieces.
- Avoid doing strenuous activities such as working out, yard work, and in an environment with many chemicals as the jewelry pieces may have an adverse reaction.
- Under no circumstances should you boil your jewelry pieces to clean them. Instead, purchase an appropriate jewelry cleaning solution and polish them with a polishing cloth.