A Quick Guide To Buying Men's Jewelry
Men’s jewelry has been around for some time but its demand has only recently gained more traction in the market. If you are a little hesitant in buying men’s jewelry for yourself or a loved one, we have put together a quick guide that can help you secure the best pieces that are fit for any occasion.
Understand What You Are Looking for
Always understand what you are looking for regardless of what you are shopping for, including men’s jewelry. Get a rough idea of what you want in jewelry even if there may not be the exact piece that matches your needs. You must know what type of jewelry you think will look good on you, so you can start your search there. Some basic things that you can consider:
- Material: Decide on the type of material that you are looking for to eliminate any other options. You can pick from silver, gold, stones, and more. Start by selecting the material you want and move on to the next step.
- Color: What hue are you looking for? Is it purely silver, just gold, or a mixture of precious metals? Rose gold is highly popular and there are many pieces that also incorporate several different hues in just one piece.
- Style: Are you more interested in a simple piece or are you considering a bold design? Some like it classy whereas others might prefer something more significant.
- Price: Always have a price range in mind before shopping for jewelry. You can dismiss hundreds of options when you have the price range in mind so you can simply focus on a smaller pool of options.
Learn the Jewelry Lingo
Gold and silver are usually rated in terms of purity. For gold, it is rated in karats on a scale from 1 to 24. Gold may also be mixed with other precious metals to make it stronger. 24 karats gold is the purest form of gold and is usually too soft. Silver is also measured for purity but not in karats. It makes use of a 3-digit rating system with .999 being its purest form. It is equally difficult to find pure silver as its purest form is not that durable. Other precious stones and diamonds are also measured carats, though with a different spelling. The higher the carats, the heavier the gemstone.
Picking Men’s Jewelry
There is a wide collection of men’s jewelry even though jewelry is not as popular with men as it is with women. Here are some things that you can take into account when picking from the broad selection of jewelry types:
- Men’s chains are one of the most common jewelry you will find that adds a statement of style that can easily go with any outfit.
- Bracelets perfectly accessorize any outfit, adding a flair to the ensemble. They are ideal if you do not want to wear anything on your neck.
- Rings for men come in many designs; from thick bands to slimmer types to match your chain or bracelet.